Friday, February 25, 2011

4 weeks, 1 day

The reality has not hit me yet. I am so happy, but still in disbelief! Jay and I have waited for this for so long, it just does not seem real yet!

I am feeling some strange symptoms:

Yesterday I had really intense lower back pain and cramping that radiated down to my legs. Sleeping helped. Also, I slept a full 8 hours last night, but when my alarm went off, I felt like I was back in college pulling all nighters. I could not keep my eyes open this morning!

I have also had this strange shaky, dizzy feeling for the last week or so. It is becoming more pronounced as time goes on. Tara (my fertility nurse) assures me that this is normal, likely due to the high levels of progesterone in my body, as well as the extra work my heart is doing right now.

Anyway, today I am just hungry and tired. Now that I am home in my jammies and reclining in my chair, I do feel a bit crampy and have been feeling just a couple of sharp twinges. Good sign! (Although, I swear I probably would not really notice all the twinges if I weren't paying such close attention!)

So, here is what our little one looks like at the moment:
Beta is Monday at 7 AM. I worry a bit that I am jumping the gun, getting too excited before my pregnancy is confirmed. I only worry a bit, though. The only other time I had a positive pregnancy test is when I found out I was pregnant with Grace! I am full of confidence that our little one will greet us in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment